turbine-user mailing list archives

From "David Demner" <turb...@demner.com>
Subject Strange intake issue
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2004 05:59:56 GMT
I would like to create a 'wizard' using intake to do the input validation
after each step of the wizard.  I currently have the same intake group to
hold all the data from the wizard (since I would like to store all the data
in one table).  I'm having a weird issue, though.

First, some background code:

--------
Wizard step 1:
<form name="employee" method="post"
action="$link.setPage("screens,Employee2.vm")">
  #set ($employeeGroup = $intake.Employee.Default)

  <input type="text" size="35" name="$employeeGroup.FirstName.Key"
value="$!employeeGroup.FirstName" class="smallIO">
  <input type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doNext" value="Next >>"/>

  $intake.declareGroups()

</form>
---------
Wizard steps 2 & 3:
<form name="employee" method="post"
action="$link.setPage("screens,Employee3.vm")">

  #set ($employeeGroup = $intake.Employee.Default)

  here $employeeGroup.FirstName here
  <input type="submit" name="eventSubmit_doNext" value="Next >>"/>

  $intake.declareGroups()
</form>
-----------
When I click Next to go to step 2, the $employeeGroup.FirstName is populated
to whatever I set in step 1.  But when I click next to go to step 3, the
$employeeGroup.FirstName is blank.  So what happens to it??  I would have
thought that either data would not show up in either step (showing that
intake wasn't really designed for this), or show up in both.

(I thought of using hidden fields to store the data that isn't on the
current form, but the problem I have is some of the data in steps 2 & 3 is
required, so intake gives an error after step 1 for data in step 2)

Can you see something dumb that I did?  What do other people do for a
validated wizard type interface?

Thanks!

David