turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Scott" <sc...@raw-health.com>
Subject CryptoService fails after 2.2 to 2.3 upgrade
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 17:35:18 GMT
I've upgraded to 2.3 with the newapp application.  The login screen displays but the user cannot
be validated.  I changed the LoginUser action to display all exceptions and found that I always
get this exception:

150336 [HttpProcessor[8080][3]] ERROR actions.LoginUser  - org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException:
ServiceBroker: unknown service CryptoService requested
org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown service CryptoService
requested
        at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseServiceBroker.java:542)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.java:484)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.crypto.TurbineCrypto.getService(TurbineCrypto.java:84)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.encryptPassword(BaseSecurityService.java:197)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.checkPassword(BaseSecurityService.java:236)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.checkPassword(TurbineSecurity.java:155)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.authenticate(DBUserManager.java:418)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:294)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getAuthenticatedUser(BaseSecurityService.java:729)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser(TurbineSecurity.java:301)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.LoginUser.doPerform(LoginUser.java:121)

To get to this point:
1. Created newapp under 2.2.
2. Followed 2.2 -> 2.3 howto.
3. Change log file references to be ../logs/turbine.log etc in log4j.properties
4. Use torque-3.1.jar, commons-dbcp-20030825.184428.jar
5. More current versions of some other commons jars but the two above seemed significant.

Another symptom is that every other time I start tomcat I get the following error when trying
to run newapp.  Stopping and restarting tomcat resolves the issue.
Horrible Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.SecurityService$1.class$(SecurityService.java:117)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.SecurityService.<clinit>(SecurityService.java:116)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.init(BaseSecurityService.java:253)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.java:492)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getService(TurbineSecurity.java:104)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAnonymousUser(TurbineSecurity.java:371)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.sessionvalidator.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform(TemplateSessionValidator.java:115)