turbine-user mailing list archives

From "David Demner" <turb...@demner.com>
Subject RE: Initial form field value
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:20:11 GMT
Hi Vjeran,

What do you mean by elegant?

An if statement will work, but certainly not elegant.
---
#if ("$!data.Parameters.Url" == "")
  #set ($url = "http://")
#else
  #set ($url = "$data.Parameters.Url")
#end
<input type="text" name="url" value="$url">
---

Alternately, you can stuff it into the context from the underlying java
class:
--- blah.java ---
package com.whatever;

// Velocity Stuff
import org.apache.velocity.context.Context;
import org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils;

// Turbine Stuff
import org.apache.turbine.util.RunData;
import org.apache.turbine.modules.screens.VelocityScreen;

public class blah extends VelocityScreen {
    public void doBuildTemplate(RunData data, Context context) {
        // the context object has already been setup for you!
        context.put("url",
StringUtils.defaultString(data.getParameters().get("Url"), "http://"));
    }
}
--- blah.vm ---
<input type="text" name="url" value="$url">
---

Not elegant either unless you are already using an underlying class and can
just add the one line.

Good luck,

David