turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Gustavo Pinheiro" <gust...@estatcamp.com.br>
Subject RES: Problem getting things to work...
Date Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:33:45 GMT
Hi again,

I got some feedback from my ISP. They said they do use a custom security
manager and that it does not allow me to set system properties (my website
is hosted along with 49 others in a shared server). Then, given that the
tomcat log pointed to the init() method as the source of failure, I decided
to take a look at org.apache.turbine.Turbine source code and came across
this:

	//
      // Set up Commons Logging to use the Log4J Logging
      //
      System.getProperties().setProperty(LogFactory.class.getName(),
                                         Log4jFactory.class.getName());

Could it be what's causing the the security manager to freak out? If so, can
I comment it out without compromising Turbine?

And if not, is there anything else I can do to go around this issue?

Please help!!!! My project's dealine is approaching...

-----Mensagem original-----
De: Eric Pugh [mailto:epugh@upstate.com]
Enviada em: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 12:52 PM
Para: 'Turbine Users List'
Assunto: RE: Problem getting things to work...

Wow..  That is one of the problems with ISP's..  They may be running Tomcat
under customized security manager..  I'll mark (off the top) the jars you
need..

Need

> avalon-framework-4.1.4.jar
Need

> hsqldb-1.7.0.jar
> jakarta-regexp-1.3.jar
I think need
> javamail-1.3.1.jar
need for email

> jdbc-2.0.jar
I think need (if you have any database stuff)

> junit-3.8.1.jar
> xercesImpl-2.0.2.jar
I think need, but depends on what xml parsers are already packaged

> servlet.jar
> servletapi-2.3.jar
> xmlParserAPIs-2.0.2.jar
I think xmlParserAPIS is same as xercesImpl.