turbine-user mailing list archives

From "David Demner" <turb...@demner.com>
Subject Renaming a user
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:10:08 GMT
I have a minor issue with Turbine security.  I can't rename a user; when I
go:

                 User user = TurbineSecurity.getUser(oldLoginName);
                 user.setName(newLoginName);
                 TurbineSecurity.saveUser(user);

I get an org.apache.turbine.util.security.UnknownEntityException: Unknown
user 'newLoginName'

Is there any workaround (other than creating a new user object, copying all
the properties/groups/roles individually, saving this user, and deleting the
old user)?

Thanks,

David Demner