turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Douglass" <r.dougl...@onlinehome.de>
Subject RE: Architecture Question
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 08:03:18 GMT
We run different apps in different tomcat instances on the same machine for
other reasons, and it seems to work well. Only when the apps have to talk to
each other is it a pain.

-----Original Message-----
From: pavel [mailto:pavel@icecentric.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 05 February, 2003 8:46 AM
To: turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Architecture Question

Hello,
We are building a small app that is in 9 languages and we may get huge
traffic. Would there be any benefit of running those in separate
Turbines, or is it better to have them all in one. Also would you
consider having separate Tomcats for each? My thinking is that
distribution of the load in more containers would help and could make it
more robust but on the other hand more memory would be required. What do
you think?

Thank you.

Pavel Kusch