turbine-user mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: AW: Intake: meaning of $myForm.setQueryKey("abc") ??
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 08:48:30 GMT
On 3/02/2003 7:26 PM, "Marc Lustig" <mail@marclustig.com> wrote:

> Scott, if the "wiki" format is the standard for submitting a doc, why don't
> you write a wiki-howto and put it on the web-site, so that all turbine-users
> are aware of it and can contribute.

The wiki is a useful tool for developing documentation but the official
documentation will always be on the sites themselves.

IMO a wiki howto is unnecessary (there are tonnes of documents on how to use
a wiki available already).  A wiki is very easy to use and the minimal
effort required to understand the concepts involved is the least we can all
do in order to make a contribution.

If you use turbine, like it and perhaps derive benefits from it then you
should want to make contributions, no matter how small, back to the turbine
community.  This is how projects stay alive and hopefully grow.

Contributing answers to the list is a great way to give back to the
community, contributing to the wiki is arguably better, contributing patches
to the xdocs and the code itself is obviously even better.

It is really easy to moan that the documentation could be better - everyone
did this a couple of months ago and the consensus that a wiki would be a
great way to allow everyone to contribute towards the documentation.
Whether or not it is a success is a shared responsibility.

Note that Quinton has already added a link to the howto documents housed on
the wiki.  Perhaps we should put a further link to the relevant wiki pages
in the top level menus for the turbine sites.

Cheers,

Scott
--
Scott Eade