turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Gaasch, Derek" <dgaa...@montana.edu>
Subject RE: intake madding, continue
Date Sat, 01 Feb 2003 20:09:17 GMT
You only need to use JRE 1.3 to start up turbine the first time you
initialize Intake with a fresh intake.xml file.... after that, you can use
JRE 1.4 and can continue using JDK 1.4 for ant tasks, etc. Alternatively,
just try recompile turbine with JDK1.4. So problem 1 is not really a
problem. There's no need to use ant with 1.3. Of course, this isn't really a
solution but a workaround.

-----Original Message-----
From: Zamek [mailto:zamek@vili.pmmf.hu]
Sent: Saturday, February 01, 2003 4:26 AM
To: Turbine Users List
Subject: Re: intake madding, continue

Hi All,

I was working hard in the last days, and here is the results:

1. jsdk 1.3 isn't good, because ant cannot run under it. :-(

2. Quinton McCombs wrote:
> Can you try turbine 2.3?  It has a much better error reporting mechanism
in
> intake.  I can't see from the log file why it is throwing an exception
> where it is.  Anything that would cause the XML file not to parse should
> throw an exception.

So, I changed turbine-2.2.jar to turbine-2.3-dev.jar in /tdk/lib directory,
and try to make a new apps, with ant on /tdk and ant init in
/tdk/webapps/newapp/WEB-INF/build.
It was run successfully. And then I patch TurbineResources.properties
manually to 2.3 like. It running good, and I can't login.
Unfortunately flux menus cannot run:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.init(BaseSecuritySe
rvice.java:258)
Full stacktrace on the end of my letter. May be it need to recompile flux
with turbine2.3?  (current version of flux uses turbine3. Where is an
archive
version for 2.3?)

4. I tested Scarab, and it seems to be good for character encoding handle,
but intake character encoding is not good :-(

Here is my wishlist:
1.) correct character encoding:
1.1) converts incoming data values to default.charset
Unfortunately the accept-charset=".." in html Form tag doesn't works
correctly, forexample in the Netscape browsers. If you set head tag to
<DEFANGED_meta
http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-2" /> and
<form accept-charset="ISO-8859-2" ...> Netscape sends form in 8859-1 :-(.

Preparing for worst case I suggest, convert incoming data to charset which
corresponding to charset of database. I suggest to make a new torque
property:
database.charset=
I was try it, but org.apache.commons.dbcp.cpdsadapter.DriverAdapterCPDS
doesn't support charSet property.
Most of jdbc Driver can handle charset property.

I was change the
services.RunDataService.default.parameter.parser property to my class in
TurbineResources.properties and in this class has a new getString method:

   public String getString(String name)
   {
	  String res = super.getString (name);
	  try
                {
	    String cc = getCharacterEncoding();
	    if (cc.toUpperCase().equals("ISO-8859-1"))
                  {
	      return res;
	    }
	    return res == null ? null : new String
(res.getBytes("ISO-8859-1"), cc);
	    }
	    catch (Exception e)
                 {
                  return res;
                 }
    }

I think so it isn't the best solution for this problem, but I am a beginner
in turbine:-).

1.2 convert intake messages to correct encoding. Intake uses BaseValuParser
but it cannot change in TR.properties like parameterparser.

My question: Can I use turbine3 instead of turbine2?
I would like some intention to how can I make a turbine3 framework, like tdk

does?
--
thanks
Zoltan Zidarics programmer

ps: here is the stacktrace for error:
2003-02-01 10:31:09,184 [HttpProcessor[8080][1]] ERROR
org.apache.turbine.Turbine - Turbine.handleException:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.init(BaseSecuritySe
rvice.java:258)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.j
ava:492)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getService(TurbineSecur
ity.java:101)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAnonymousUser(Turbin
eSecurity.java:282)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.sessionvalidator.TemplateSessionValidator
.doPerform(TemplateSess
       at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:87)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:126)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:695)
        at
FilterChain.java:247)
        at
ain.java:193)
        at
va:243)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
va:190)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:475)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:2
46)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2347)
        at
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
java:170)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:170
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:468)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
:174)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
        at
1027)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1125
)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)