turbine-user mailing list archives

From Walt Armour <Wa...@concur.com>
Subject RE: Velocity Stack Trace
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 03:13:57 GMT
This is a bug between velocity and commons-collections.

Velocity checks to see if the properties have been initialized (see
RuntimeInstance.showStackTrace()) before it will do a stack dump.
Unfortunately the properties never get flagged as initialized because of a
bug in commons-collections (I recently submitted a patch for this which has
been applied, check cvs).

That should be enough but I still get inconsistent results in getting my
stack traces.  One thing to note (I consider this a bug in velocity) is that
the only property used to check for stack traces is the warn.stacktrace
property.  The info. and error. properties are not used (anywhere best I can
tell).

For the moment I'm running a hacked version that doesn't even call
showStackTrace() anymore.  That seems to be effective.  The flakiness I
mention above might simply be because of the "fluidity" of my code :) and
the fix to commons-collections may be sufficient.