turbine-user mailing list archives

From Lester Ward <lw...@tagaudit.com>
Subject RE: Moving Turbine app to root tomcat context
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 22:29:14 GMT
> From: peter riegersperger [mailto:rick@subnet.at]
> On Monday 03 February 2003 22:28, Fred Gerson wrote:
> > I'd like to access my turbine app via a root URL with Tomcat.
> [...]
>
> according to the discussions in the list-archive, there are
> just two ways:
> 1. write a small redirect-jsp and put it in your webapp-directory.
> 2. use apache in front of tomcat and use mod_rewrite to
> rewrite your URLs.

Um... can't you just add a mapping into your web.xml file? That's what it is
there for. Should look something like this:

  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>myapp</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.turbine.Turbine</servlet-class>
  </servlet>
  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>myapp</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>

This works in most app servers. I don't use Tomcat, though, so I'm not sure.