turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Bas van Dorresteijn" <Bas.Dorreste...@MaXware.nl>
Subject XMLRPC listener ports
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 16:56:10 GMT
Hi,

We just moved to Turbine2.2 and make use of the XMLRPC service (xmlrpc-1.2-a1.jar);
I noticed the following 'problem' in this new XMLRPC listener version:
It seems that the listener no longer listens on all interfaces/ip-addresses
but uses the hostname to determine which address to listen on:

TurbineResources.properties
services.XmlRpcService.port=12345

------------------------------------------------ 'Previous' XMLRPC service
# netstat -a | grep 12345
      *.12345              *.*                0      0 24576      0 LISTEN

------------------------------------------------ 'xmlrpc-1.2-a1.jar' XMLRPC service
# netstat -a | grep 12345
      OOMPA.12345              *.*                0      0 24576      0 LISTEN

(OOMPA is the system's name)
In the last case, the XMLRPC only listens to 1 IP-address (the 1 that corresponds with OOMPA)
Changing the host's ip-address in /etc/host enables me to have te service listen
on another ip-address/interface, but what if I want the service available on all interfaces
?

Does anybody know how to fix/solve this ?
Or is there a TurbineResources.properties setting available to just configure which port(s)
the XMLRPC listen to ?
Didn't find much on this.....

Kind regards,

Bas