turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Quinton McCombs" <qmcco...@nequalsone.com>
Subject RE: how to update TurbineUser instance
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 04:09:38 GMT
Here one thing that _might_ work as a hacked solution for you.  I have
not tried this but it seems like it should work....

TurbineUser.save() users the security service to save itself.  In the
logic of the save there is a call to
TurbineSecurity.accountExists(username) (or something like that).  If
the account exists(by comparin username), it performs an update.
Otherwise it does an insert.

Here is the workaround:
Override the save method in your extended user class.  In the body of
this method put the code from DBUsermanager.save().  You will need to
replace the if(TurbineSecurity.accountExists(user) with user.isNew().