turbine-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dan Finkelstein <dan.finkelst...@bluescope.com>
Subject RE: Torque: Oracle with idMethod as "native"
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:23:11 GMT
Sure, here is how my xml schema for the COMPANY table.  Thanks!

<app-data>
<database
	defaultIdMethod="native"
>

<table name="COMPANY">
    <column name="ID" required="true" autoIncrement="true"
            primaryKey="true" type="INTEGER"/>
    <column name="NAME" required="true" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="GLOBALXML" required="true" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
    <column name="UPDATED" required="true" type="TIMESTAMP"/>
  </table>

</database>  

</app-data>


-----Original Message-----
From: John McNally [mailto:jmcnally@collab.net]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 10:24 AM
To: turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Torque: Oracle with idMethod as "native"


Can you send the xml definition for one of the tables giving the error?

john mcnally

Dan Finkelstein wrote:
> 
> Hi Daniel,
> 
> I checked...yes, I'm definately building with latest
jakarta-turbine-torque
> sources.
> 
> I did notice one oddity.  My code snippet is basically calling a
doInsert(),
> which ends up running BasePeer.doInsert().  In this method, is the line
> 
>                 Object keyInfo = tableMap.getPrimaryKeyMethodInfo();
> 
> which is then used to generate the id for the new row:
> 
>              id = new NumberKey(
> keyGen.getIdAsBigDecimal(dbCon.getConnection(), keyInfo) );
> 
> It looks like getPrimaryKeyMethodInfo() is returning a null instead of
> "COMPANY_SEQ".  Is this part of the problem?
> 
> Thanks again,
> Dan
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Daniel Rall [mailto:dlr@finemaltcoding.com]
> Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 5:26 PM
> To: turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Torque: Oracle with idMethod as "native"
> 
> Dan Finkelstein <dan.finkelstein@bluescope.com> writes:
> 
> > Thanks for the suggestion.  I just tried this.  It turns out that in the
> > latest torque, "sequence" has been deprecated and seems to just map to
> > "native", so either setting produces the same error.  I suspect that it
is
> > something that broke in the more recent development...
> 
> Hi Dan.  Are you using the latest Torque templates which correspond to
> the Java which you are using?
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: turbine-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: turbine-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: turbine-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: turbine-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: turbine-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: turbine-user-help@jakarta.apache.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: turbine-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: turbine-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message