turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Colquhoun, Adrian" <Adrian.Colquh...@uk.experian.com>
Subject Getting row counts using Criteria
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:12:27 GMT

Hi,

I would like to add some methods to my database peer classes to return row
counts. I have written code like

e.g. in EventPeer for a table called Event

	int getRowCount(Criteria c){

		try{
            		Vector v = BaseEventPeer.doSelect(c);
		            return v.size();
        		}
        		catch(Exception e){
            		return 0;
        		}
	}

Presumably this will retrieve all the data from the database for my query ?
(potentially a large amount of data that I don't actually want) - is there a
better way ?

Thanks

Adrian

of this email.