turbine-user mailing list archives

From Dan Bachelder <cho...@chowda.net>
Subject Re: torque outside turbine
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:28:01 GMT
> I probably shouldn't have called it 1.0. The decoupled Torque has not been
> released and it is still use at your own risk. The size difference is due to
> the packaging of the templates in the JAR. The torque templates can be
> accessed from within JAR with some recent changes to Texen.

okay.. that sounds good... how about compatibility in the OM and the Torque libs between the
decoupled version and the tdk version? Any issues there?

On a related note: Is there a document somewhere that expresses the direction the Peers and
Torque stuff is going in? I am trying to make a case for Peers/Torque over TopLink and some
other OR mapping tools.. Other than the open source angle I am trying to find anything I can
to help prop up my arguments. Unfortunately open source isn't always a plus in the eyes of
people who make decisions.