turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Gonzalo A. Diethelm" <gonzalo.dieth...@aditiva.com>
Subject RE: Obtaining a RunData object
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2001 03:29:52 GMT
> > I will eventually call an action this way:
> >
> > ActionLoader.getInstance().exec(data, "myAction");
>
> As an aside can I ask why you are using the ActionLoader directly? This is
> not a pattern I'm familiar with. Back to the question at hand ...
>
> So where are you executing this action. I still don't fully
> understand what
> you are trying to do. I assume you are trying to execute the
> action outside
> the context of processing a request, yes?

Yes.

> The more detail you can give me the more I can help :-)

I have a dispatcher that will invoke one of many possible
actions; the action is specified with an String parameter.

I remember I once asked how to programmatically invoke an Action
from Java code, and the ActionLoader thing was the answer I got.

So, what I want to do is:

  public callAction(String action)
  {
    // whatever is required to invoke an action.
    // as far as I know, this is done thusly:
    ActionLoader.getInstance().exec(data, action);
  }

So the thing is, where do I get that data object from?

I also thought of moving the "action" logic to a BO, and
have the real action, as well as my callAction(), call
the BO. The thing is, I have lots of actions already
implemented this way, and I would (at least for now) prefer
to keep calling the action directly.

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@iname.com