turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Gonzalo Diethelm" <gonzalo.dieth...@aditiva.com>
Subject Obtaining a RunData object
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2001 23:13:39 GMT
How can I get ahold of a RunData object from a function that is not an
Action or Screen method?  I need one of these objects, but I found
creating one of them was harder than I thought:

* Have to create some concrete implementation of the RunData
  interface; which one? (I tried with TurbineDefaultRunData).
* The created RunData does not have a valid ParameterParser; have to
  create one by hand.
* The created RunData gives errors for some operations, such as
  tool-related errors (don't have any of these handy).

Is there a recommended way to create or get ahold of a RunData
object? I believe Turbine manages some kind of pool for these, but
I'm not sure it is public... I see there is a RunDataService, but
it will only give back a RunData object given HttpServletRequest,
HttpServletResponse and ServletConfig objects; maybe what I'm
trying to do doesn't make any sense outside a servlet context?

Thanks,

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@aditiva.com