turbine-user mailing list archives

From "Gareth Coltman" <gareth_colt...@majorband.co.uk>
Subject Turbine eats memory!
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 09:15:36 GMT
Hello,

I am worried about the amount of memory Turbine seems to use.

I am hitting a page rendered by Velocity but with no additional processing
(ie the screen doesn't have any kind of extended doBuild method).

Memory usage continues to grow whenever I refresh the page. I expected an
increase at first, with template and object caching, and the creation of a
new session. But it goes up by about 400k per hit? Any ideas what's going
on?

My investigations thus far have revealed that it is definitely NOT new
sessions. I'm now installing JProbe to have a look.

My suspicion at the moment is dodgy GC under W2K (JDK1.2). It appears that
after a while (10-15 mins) memory use by Java suddenly reduces to about
13mb's (this is what I would expect with Turbine + 1 cached page + cached
objects + session).

Is this a windows jvm problem? I will be moving to Solaris development soon,
so if so, its not a tragedy.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Gareth Coltman