turbine-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE Result] Release fulcrum-cache-1.1.0 based on RC1
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:30:38 GMT
Hi Siegfried,

On 19.04.10 21:11, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> On 19.04.10 21:06, Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
>> what else is missing for cutting Turbine 4.0?
>
> Hopefully not much. I need to check. There are some Turbine Services
> that would need to be ported or just copied over from 2.3.3 (with my
> current preference being the latter), such as UIService and JSON-RPC.
> Volunteers are welcome.

Ok. I suggest to do a milestone release like 4.0-M1 to see how it goes.
>From my quick look through the code I see the following open points:

- Currently, there is no implementation of the scheduler service.
Turbine provides scheduled jobs as a module type of its own. How would
something like this work with Quartz? If you could help me with this, I
would be eternally grateful.

- The security service is next to non-existent. I suggest to copy the
current versions of the LDAP- and the Torque security service over from
2.3.3 for this milestone. I will try to get some Fulcrum security
releases out rsn to be included in Milestone 2.

- I proposed a TurbineServiceProvider implementation based on OSGi
(Apache Felix). Should that be included in the current milestone?

- The Maven2-Build needs to be checked and streamlined. Shall we use the
fulcrum-parent POM for Turbine as well?

Comments of *everybody* are very welcome.

Bye, Thomas