turbine-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [fulcrum] Preparing vote to release M2 parent pom ....
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 17:22:21 GMT
Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Which groupId to use for the parent POM

IIRC, we discussed this before.

See
http://markmail.org/message/k4a35xkc376eghk4?q=list:org%2Eapache%2Eturbine%2Edev+fulcrum+parent+pom+from:%22Siegfried+Goeschl%22&page=1

> 1.1) "fulcrum" - backward compatible but deprecated
> 1,2) "org.apache.turbine.fulcrum" - would be the proper one a Turbine
> subproject
> 1.3) "org.apache.fulcrum" - would match the package names

+1 for 1.3)

> 2) maven-one-plugin
>
> I'm currently using the maven-one-plugin to install M2 artifacts in an
> existing M1 repo. It is convinient but I would like to kick it out -
> it's difficult to disable functionality defined in a pom and depending
> on 1) it might be broken anyway

Which M1-repo do you mean? A private one? If so, you might want to have
a look at archiva or some other repository manager application. The
usually have the ability to provide transparent M1 and M2 access AFAICS.

> 3) Current State of M2 Assimilation
>
> I converted around a dozen Fulcrum projects - so as soon as we have the
> parent pom out I have to do a couple of releases. I hope that the parent
> pom is good enough to do that quickly ....

Would you please list these candidates? I'd like to help if that is
possible, especially since my Fulcrum-Cache release failed so miserably...

Bye, Thomas