turbine-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>
Subject Re: [fulcrum] Preparing vote to release M2 parent pom ....
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 22:16:39 GMT
Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> before I start a vote regarding M2 parent pom for fulcrum I would like
> to discuss a few things to avoid iterations. The parent pom is found in
> fulcrum/trunk/parent/pom.xml - the pom is copy&wasted from Apache
> Commons so there is a good chance that it works.
>

> 1) Maven GroupId
>
> Which groupId to use for the parent POM
>
> 1.1) "fulcrum" - backward compatible but deprecated
> 1,2) "org.apache.turbine.fulcrum" - would be the proper one a Turbine
> subproject
> 1.3) "org.apache.fulcrum" - would match the package names
>
> I lean more towards 1.3) and 1.2)

I agree - 1.3 makes sense, unless there are any unwritten rules out
there that make a good case for 1.2

> 2) maven-one-plugin
>
> I'm currently using the maven-one-plugin to install M2 artifacts in an
> existing M1 repo. It is convinient but I would like to kick it out -
> it's difficult to disable functionality defined in a pom and depending
> on 1) it might be broken anyway

The turbine core is currently built using m1, so we need to switch it
over to m2 before we stop providing m1 artifacts for any turbine ore
dependencies.  Let's not do anything however that gets in the way of the
2.3.3 release.

> 3) Current State of M2 Assimilation
>
> I converted around a dozen Fulcrum projects - so as soon as we have the
> parent pom out I have to do a couple of releases. I hope that the parent
> pom is good enough to do that quickly ....

Between Thomas, you and I, we should be able to keep things moving.

Scott