turbine-dev mailing list archives

From b.v.we...@valbosoft.com
Subject Re: TurbineLocalizationService
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2008 13:56:24 GMT

Hello,

I save the current used language in the session, so I need the
HttpServletRequest, the getLocale(String) is not enough.

I'm using the localization tool. Overriding that seems more complicated, as
it makes quit high level calls to the other classes.

Why was getLocale () made final in the first place? Is there a reason to
keep it that way?

Regards, Bo

             Thomas Vandahl
             <tv@apache.org>
                                                                      Para
             28/09/2008 20:15          Turbine Developers List
                                       <dev@turbine.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
                Por favor,
                responda a                                          Asunto
                 "Turbine              Re: TurbineLocalizationService
             Developers List"
             <dev@turbine.apac
                  he.org>

b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:
> In Turbine 2.3.3 that method is still final; could you explain a bit more
> what you mean?

But getLocale(String) isn't, which is what getLocale(HttpServletRequest)
calls. So just override that.

However, when I come to think of it, the LocalizationService itself only
uses this method if no locale is supplied in the method call
getString(). Do you use the LocalizationTool? Maybe it's better to
derive that?

Bye, Thomas.