turbine-dev mailing list archives

From b.v.we...@valbosoft.com
Subject Re: TurbineLocalizationService
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 16:01:50 GMT

Ok, good suggestion.
If I wanted to call the localizationTool from within my code to get a
localized string, what would then be the best method? Construct it by hand,
or does Turbine provide some feature for this?

Regards,
Bo

             Thomas Vandahl
             <tv@apache.org>
                                                                      Para
             30/09/2008 17:37          Turbine Developers List
                                       <dev@turbine.apache.org>
                                                                        cc
                Por favor,
                responda a                                          Asunto
                 "Turbine              Re: TurbineLocalizationService
             Developers List"
             <dev@turbine.apac
                  he.org>

b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:
> I'm using the localization tool. Overriding that seems more complicated,
as
> it makes quit high level calls to the other classes.

It actually isn't. You could just override the init-method like this:

public void init(Object data)
{
    if (data instanceof RunData)
    {
        // Pull necessary information out of RunData while we have
        // a reference to it.
        locale = (Locale)((RunData) data).getUser().getTemp("locale");
        bundleName = Localization.getDefaultBundleName();
    }
}

> Why was getLocale () made final in the first place? Is there a reason to
> keep it that way?

At the moment, we are preparing the 2.3.3 release (Juergen, are you
alive?) and we are a bit hesitant to change things right now.

Bye, Thomas.