turbine-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Vandahl ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TurbineLocalizationService
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:37:04 GMT
b.v.weert@valbosoft.com wrote:
> I'm using the localization tool. Overriding that seems more complicated, as
> it makes quit high level calls to the other classes.

It actually isn't. You could just override the init-method like this:

public void init(Object data)
{
    if (data instanceof RunData)
    {
        // Pull necessary information out of RunData while we have
        // a reference to it.
        locale = (Locale)((RunData) data).getUser().getTemp("locale");
        bundleName = Localization.getDefaultBundleName();
    }
}

> Why was getLocale () made final in the first place? Is there a reason to
> keep it that way?

At the moment, we are preparing the 2.3.3 release (Juergen, are you
alive?) and we are a bit hesitant to change things right now.

Bye, Thomas.