turbine-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: fulcrum-yaafi / fulcrum-testcontainer
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 12:04:01 GMT
Hi Scott,

see my comments below

Siegfried Goeschl

Scott Eade wrote:
> yaafi and testcontainer have inconsistent builds between m1 and m2,
> with different version numbers, dependencies and test failures.

I'm currently bootstrapping the m2 build and the different versions were
used to separate my test builds from proper artifacts more cleanly but
it is currently work in progress
> The longer we try and keep the m1 builds around the longer we will
> have inconsistencies such as these.  I suggest we consign the m1
> project descriptors to the scrap heap and only support m2 from here on.
>
> Can we look at releasing a version of fulcrum-parent sooner rather
> than later?
No problem with releasing - I will start a discussion about it tommorrow

> yaafi has a dependency jamon:jamon:jar:2.7.0 - I believe this should
> actually be com.jamonapi:jamon:jar:2.7 and this really needs to be
> available in the m2 repository (I don't think we could allow a release
> without jamon being automagically available).
Cool - I did not know that JAMON artifacts are available on M2 repo - I
will pick jamon-2.4.jar

> I would also like to rm -rf the turbine m1 repo - please take a look
> and let me know if you feel you can justify its continued existence.
>
> I get the impression that we are overusing the "provided" scope in our
> poms - comments?

Mhmm, what I tried to do was to separate required from optional jars but
I was not aware of the <optional> thingie in m2 - I will check tommorrow