turbine-dev mailing list archives

From "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <...@intermeta.de>
Subject Re: [vote] plans for turbine 2.3
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:23:49 GMT
Jon Scott Stevens <jon@latchkey.com> writes:

>on 2002/12/8 2:37 PM, "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:

>> What about Avalon logging? It's better suited for server-side logging,
>> and has its own abstractions that make it possible to use as
>> implementations log4j, logkit or whatever.

>I prefer that we use commons-logging.

>I'm -1 on Avalon logging as the dependency simply because I like to have the
>choice as to which logging package I want to use.

I agree on this. commons-logging is a "commons" package. I'd prefer to
use as little from other projects (where we have no influence and
vote) as possible.

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20