turbine-dev mailing list archives

From Ivan Saltz <turbine-...@infoscienceinc.com>
Subject Extending(?) Turbine User
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 14:46:41 GMT
We have a legacy table with users and lots of legacy software that we
don't want to change.  We wanted to use the Turbine security scheme with a
minimum amount of effort.  Ergo, we wrote a custom mapbuilder and peer
class but apparently the base column names are hard-coded in the
TurbineUser class. Therefore, we can't _extend_ TurbineUser to make our
own xTurbineUser class.

So it looks as though our choices are: 1) Write an xTurbineUser from
scratch.  2) Fix TurbineUser so that it reads the TurbineMapBuilder for
the column names.  (The map builder class is already set in the TR props
file, so why not?)

First question:  Am I correct in assuming that one cannot easily change
the column names?

Second question: Would the project want a patch that makes the column
names dynamic?

Third question:  (If answer to 2 is yes,) Should I do this from
rel-2.2-b3?

Ivan