turbine-dev mailing list archives

From John McNally <jmcna...@collab.net>
Subject Re: Deploying Turbine Apps in JBoss 3.0
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2002 17:18:31 GMT
For reading configuration properties, I would suggest using
ServletContext.getResourceAsStream over getResource.  The javadoc for
the interface specifies that these methods do not have a relationship
with the versions in Class.  However, I would not count on all
implementations being completely independent.

Class.getResource is broken on more jvm's than it works on (from my
limited experience.)  Class.getResourceAsStream seems to have a much
better implementation record.

I'm extrapolating to assume implementations in ServletContext will
behave similarly, so that getResourceAsStream is going to be more
straightforward and therefore probably more portable.

john mcnally