From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about parent.config
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2021 18:26:07 GMT

> On Jan 11, 2021, at 11:22 AM, Nick Dunkin <Nick.Dunkin@vecima.com <mailto:Nick.Dunkin@vecima.com>>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wish to use parent.config to control parent selection based on path elements in the
client URL.  I know this is possible with the url_regex primary qualifier, however my question
is as follows:

> The URL path element in question will be in the client request URL but will be dropped
(by a custom plugin) from the URL before the request is made to the parent.  Does anybody
know if the url_regex qualifier applies to the full original client URL,  or to the URL that
is imminently about to be pulled from the parent.  If it’s the latter and there’s anything
I can do in the custom plug-in to make this work more as I would like it, then please let
me know.

Should be on the URL as it goes to the origin. But, I think (as of ATS 9.0.x?) that you can
use the cache_key plugin to change the effective URL that is being used for parent selection?
I haven’t tested / played with that though, John and Vijay might know?

— Leif