From Evan Zelkowitz <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: One-hit-wonder filtering
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2019 15:29:22 GMT
Yea that sounds right for the buckets. Ive only investigated the code a bit
and we had someone play around with it a bit, so this just coming from some
basic testing experience. The bucket is basically the size of the hash
table that the plugin is going to use for counting unique URLs. So if you
make buckets too small you could end up dropping objects out of the table
before they have been counted sufficiently for what you want as it brings
in new objects, if you make it too big then you end up with objects sitting
around for a long time and things still getting cached when you wouldnt
care about them.  I.e. its so big that you have a weeks worth of objects
and so you end up getting 3 hits on an object over an entire week and it
ends up cached when you really dont care about it since it was just 3 hits
in a week.

Just takes some tweaking and need to figure out how busy the remap is for
unique hits