From Vasanth Mathivanan <vasant...@evolutiondigital.com>
Subject Trouble in ATS slow response
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2019 04:08:39 GMT
Hi,

We have an trouble with slow responses in ats, when we will give more than 10 requests  will
produce waiting time so  getting buffering to affect online stream and also default page ats.
Log and Everything is fine because same setup in another place its also working fine .Same
side we are verified with log  to make any ttms delay and internal error but noting found,
After that  connection was completely received.

Previous setup had single origin server but here multiple origins so that only differences
on configuration  setup  in “parent.config” like below .

Parent.config

dest_domain=w.w.w.w port=80 parent="w.w.w.w:80; q.q.q.q:80" parent_is_proxy=false parent_retry=simple_retry

I am not sure where its came from the issue ,Above rule we are using currently  if not content
from first parent then it has forward to second parent .

And tried one more choice of giving multiple requests to call default page via python for
calculating  elapsed time of loading   given below :

Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.755679s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.609232s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 20.186533s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.786562s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 21.672992s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 20.994093s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.636659s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 20.507272s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.732476s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.567387s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 20.411887s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.699064s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.557805s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.561851s
Traffic_server  http://x.x.x.x:zzzz/ response close time of 0.599494s

Here the original response came just 0.5 or 0.7 but some time we got above 20. At the same
time target to  directly httpd and  it has been taken 1.7 maximum  for loading  the page.

for  your reference below records.config parameters , if any thing need to change please suggest
me .

https://pastebin.com/gU1D5AM9

Plugin.config

astats_over_http.so /opt/trafficserver/etc/trafficserver/astats.config
regex_revalidate.so --config regex_revalidate.config
remap_stats.so
#stale_while_revalidate.so --log-stale-if-error --log-filename stale.log
#header_rewrite.so /etc/trafficserver/header_rewrite.conf
background_fetch.so --config bg_fetch.config

remap.config

map   http://x.x.x.x:zzzz   http://w.w.w.w  @plugin=header_rewrite.so @pparam=dscp/set_dscp_32.config
 @plugin=header_rewrite.so @pparam=hdr_rw_live.config @plugin=cache_range_requests.so  @plugin=collapsed_forwarding.so

Thanks & Regards