From Jeremy Payne <jp557...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can ATS handle other protocols other than HTTP/HTTPS?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2019 20:57:12 GMT
i've configured putty to send traffic through ATS, same should work for FTP.
your FTP client will just have to support using a HTTP proxy.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 2:47 PM Eric Chaves <eric@uolet.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeremy, thanks replying. I'm still working to  have a basic version working on my
AWS infrastructure (I'm having a hard time to work my way around the logs, I confess) so I
wasn't able to test much yet. =)

> Your point on manually setting the proxy on the my application's is correct and are expected.
>
> Would you be able to confirm if the ATS knows how to handle the FTP protocol, or is it
HTTP "aware" only?

> Cheers,
>
> Em ter, 19 de fev de 2019 às 17:32, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com> escreveu:
>>
>> CONNECT method should work here.. Have you tried that ?
>> Of course you'll have to explicitly set a proxy at the client end.
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 12:46 PM Eric Chaves <eric@uolet.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Folks,
>> >
>> > I'm new to traffic-server and I'd like to evaluate it to be used as a non-cache
forward proxy between my application servers and some 3rd partners servers. My applications
server are dynamically allocated (AWS EC2 auto-scaled) but my partners services require us
to reach them with a single IP addres, hence the idea of using ATS.

>> > In my scenario one important feature is the ability to handle other protcolos
other than HTTP/S like FTP/S (and not required but desired SFTP).

>> > I've scouted the ATS docs but didn't found any specific reference for those
other protocols.

>> > If possible I would like to hear from more experienced users if ATS is a good
choice for this use case and if can handle other protocols than HTTP.