From Jeremy Payne <jp557...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Change in shn response (logging)
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 16:43:05 GMT
re: ATS 7.1.x

Somewhat related.. I notice that upon polling an upstream server, pqsi
does not log the upstream IP.
pqsn DOES log the upstream FQDN.
If I replace pqsi with 'nhi' then I am able to log upstream IP again.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 1:51 PM Alan Carroll <solidwallofcode@oath.com> wrote:

> One of the issues with this is what exactly was the difference between `pqsn` and `shn`?
Did they different when using parent.config?

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:54 AM Steve Malenfant <smalenfant@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Was doing some testing this morning and noticed that I couldn't find my traffic by
the origin server hostname anymore using our logging system. While discussing with a few folks,
looks like the "shn" field isn't reporting the origin server hostname under certain circumstances,
for example when used with parent.config.

>> shn now reports the IP address or hostname used in the parent.config, which is what
we used pqsn/pqsi field before.

>> In the pull request https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/pull/3860, there is a
workaround using the client/server host header that can be used. That header contains also
a port.