From Jason Yang <peter.waynech...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I debug transaction stall
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 03:27:11 GMT
Hi Kit,
    Thank you for your quick reply! It is the second, I run "for i in `seq 1 2000`; do curl
3.94.168.82:8080; done”, then only a few responses are back. (the ip is valid, you can try
too).
    I checked the var/log/ directory and I don’t see any problem shown in the log except
almost everything is miss.
    I am using an unmodified ATS v8.0.2, so I suspect it is my setting problem, I am testing
it on AWS and I have attached my configs below. (I know the value are weird, this is for testing)
Thank you!

Records.config
proxy.config.http.insert_response_via_str has changed
	Current Value   : 2
	Default Value   : 0
proxy.config.http.keep_alive_no_activity_timeout_in has changed
	Current Value   : 30000
	Default Value   : 120
proxy.config.http.keep_alive_no_activity_timeout_out has changed
	Current Value   : 30000
proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers has changed
	Current Value   : 0
	Default Value   : 2
proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size has changed
	Current Value   : 1288490188
	Default Value   : -1
proxy.config.cache.ram_cache_cutoff has changed
	Current Value   : 128000
	Default Value   : 4194304
proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr has changed
	Current Value   : 1
proxy.config.net.sock_option_flag_in has changed
	Current Value   : 30000
	Default Value   : 5
proxy.config.net.sock_option_flag_out has changed
	Current Value   : 30000
proxy.config.http.chunking_enabled has changed
	Current Value   : 0
proxy.config.http.origin_min_keep_alive_connections has changed
	Current Value   : 1
proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.use_seen_filter has changed
	Current Value   : 0

Best,
Jason

> On Feb 27, 2019, at 22:13, Shu Kit Chan <chanshukit@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> By "stall", you mean
>
> 1) ATS stops accepting requests altogether ? or
> 2) One particular request is stalled and the other requests are fine?
>
> If it is the first, I will use gdb to look at the process and see if
> there is anything locked or waiting.
> If it is the second, I will log the milestones in access log and see
> if it can tell where it is stopped. I will also probably turn on debug
> messages and see if there's anything going on as well.
>
> Kit
>
> On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 7:08 PM Jason Yang <peter.waynechina@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I have setup a trafficserver and somehow every few transactions, it will stall, what
could be wrong and what’s the best way to debug this? Thank you!