From Masaori Koshiba <masa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ATS 7.1 graceful shutdown - client connections
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2018 06:00:56 GMT
"Drain" option is available from v8.0.0. You can use it by "traffic_ctl
server stop --drain". Details in below.
This works for both of HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2.

https://docs.trafficserver.apache.org/en/8.0.x/appendices/command-line/traffic_ctl.en.html#cmdoption-traffic-ctl-server-restart-drain

For older version, you can inject "Connection: close" header by
header_rewrite plugin. But please note that this only works for HTTP/1.1.
HTTP/2 graceful shutdown is supported by v8.0.0.

Thanks,
Masaori