From Jeremy Payne <jp557...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cache sharing between siblings
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2018 19:36:15 GMT
I've been thinking about this, but you can use current parent
functionality to perform local node(edge) object lookups.
It's a hack and requires careful configuration of your remap and
parent configuration so to not end up in a cache loop
or end up storing duplicate copies.. but it is a doable workaround in
the absence of some type of clustering(CARP, etc).

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 10:38 AM, Alan Carroll <solidwallofcode@oath.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, and thanks Dave for answering. This is a feature under
> active development. Oath internally uses a plugin that implements CARP for
> sharing across a pod. We are trying to open source it but it's currently too
> flaky to support externally. We are working on improving it to the point
> where it can be open sourced without embarrassment. In the longer run,
> however, there is a "Layer 7 Routing" project (also known as "Next Hop")
> which you can track here -
> https://github.com/apache/trafficserver/projects/7
>
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 9:53 AM, David Carlin <dcarlin@oath.com> wrote:
>>
>> ATS doesn't have this functionality currently.  I know a couple companies
>> are working on it, but nothing to contribute to open source yet as far as I
>> know.
>>
>> David
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 9:15 AM, Veiko Kukk <veiko.kukk@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi again,
>>>
>>> Are there any better lists/forums to ask such questions?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Veiko

ICP