From "Velusamy, Gandhimathi" <gvelu...@Central.UH.EDU>
Subject Re: How to load balance across hierarchical Proxies
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 23:58:01 GMT

I didn’t edit splitdns.config but it is working now.

-Gandhimathi
On Nov 14, 2017, at 5:46 PM, Igor Cicimov <igorc@encompasscorporation.com<mailto:igorc@encompasscorporation.com>>
wrote:

Yep that's exactly what I did (looking at my notes):

/etc/hosts
54.xxx.xxx.xxx subdomain.mydomain.com<http://subdomain.mydomain.com/> subdomain

splitdns.config
dest_domain=subdomain.mydomain.com<http://subdomain.mydomain.com/> named=127.0.0.1

Now we only need DNS server on the local loop interface which is done by installing dnsmasq.
After that the resolv.conf will point to 127.0.0.1<http://127.0.0.1/>:

/etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 127.0.0.1
search eu-west-1.compute.internal

Good point on the proxy.config.http.insert_request_via_str

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Velusamy, Gandhimathi <gvelusam@central.uh.edu<mailto:gvelusam@central.uh.edu>>