From "Velusamy, Gandhimathi" <gvelu...@Central.UH.EDU>
Subject How to load balance across hierarchical Proxies
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:16:00 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to distribute the load balancing between servers connected with three proxies.

In my setup, I have three proxy servers and each of them have two origin servers and one client.
I would like to balance the load across servers connected with other proxies when the rate
of incoming requests are more.
To begin, I started with round robin policy.
First I tried to add the proxy2 and proxy 2 as one of the origin servers in remap config as
below:

map http://UHLB<http://uhlb> http://UHLB<http://uhlb> @plugin=balancer.so @pparam=--policy=roundrobin
@pparam=192.168.20.2 @pparam=192.168.30.2 @pparam=192.168.40.2 @pparam=192.168.50.2
The last two IP addresses are proxy 2 and proxy3.
But It did not work.
I read about parent proxying. But in my case, I want to load balance. May I please know to
configure to achieve load balancing across hierarchical proxies.

Thanks
Gandhimathi

[cid:4673FE66-3B3D-4C35-A510-82DAD42AF3D8@e.uh.edu]