From Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheervinuko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: collapsed_forwarding plugin
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 22:29:52 GMT
Hmm..what is the final response from the Origin after ATS follows the 3xx response and exhausts
the max attempts?
Assuming it's still 3xx, ATS should relay that back to the client (although, I suppose it
could probably be improved to not follow an external redirect, if not desirable).
Thanks,
Sudheer
      From: Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com>
 To: users@trafficserver.apache.org
 Sent: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 2:27 PM
 Subject: collapsed_forwarding plugin

The collapsed_forwarding plugin documentation states to set the below parameter.

proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled 1

Issue is now my origin 3xx responses are being swallowed up by ATS
instead of being sent back to the client.

Am I missing something here ?
I want to enable the collapsed_forwarding plugin, but I dont want
ATS to act on the origin 3xx responses. I only want ATS to act on the
303 coming from the ATS plugin.

I also notice that proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled is removed from 8.x
Any reason for that ?