From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Server 7.1.0 (RC1)
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2017 09:41:37 GMT

> On Jul 21, 2017, at 9:26 AM, Bryan Call <bcall@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Can you run sudo perf top -g, do a search (“/“) for spin_lock, and see what is calling
it?

> -Bryan
>
>> On Jul 21, 2017, at 2:51 AM, Phillip Moore <pdm@pobox.com> wrote:
>>

>> Anyone experience high CPU with 7.1.0 rc1 ? I have it running on 2 nodes taking production
load and it is doing comparable work to other 6.2.1 nodes in both cases. in one case the CPU
climbed to 100% of all 32 cores and stayed stuck there, in the other one the CPU is in line
with other nodes. I'm not sure what the difference is or cause. The work load is pretty similar.

I checked all my boxes (we have quite a few deployed with 7.1.0 now), and none of them is
showing this behavior (so far).

— Leif