From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] New ATS release process and schedule
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 15:43:23 GMT
+1

-Bryan

> On Apr 25, 2017, at 8:02 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On Apr 21, 2017, at 5:06 PM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I’d like to propose a drastic change to how we manage releases, and how often.
It all boils down to the fact that we are not equipped to test, manage and deploy 3x releases
/ year. So, attached below is the new, proposed release schedule, as well as a picture showing
an example git branch layout (thanks Masakazu!).

> There’s been no negative feedback on this, so I’m going to do this. We’ll present
this at the summit as well, but the next steps are:

> 1) Mark current master as “v8.0.0”.
>
> 2) Finish the 7.1.x release, which will be LTS. Release date TBD, but likely mid May.
>
> 3) After this, I’ll make a new 7.x branch, identical to the 7.1.x release branch (at
the time of release).

> Going forward, any 7.2.0 release would be cherry picks from master to the new 7.x release
branch. But there is no scheduled 7.2.x release at this point. v8.0.0 is the next officially
scheduled release, for May 2018.