From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to disable caching in Traffic server-7.0.0
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2017 19:05:09 GMT
ATS should not cache If proxy.config.http.cache.http is set to 0.  Here is a test with the
7.0.0 branch:

Cache Enabled:
[bcall@homer mgmt]$ sudo /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl config get proxy.config.http.insert_response_via_str
proxy.config.http.insert_response_via_str: 3
[bcall@homer mgmt]$ sudo /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl config get proxy.config.http.cache.http
proxy.config.http.cache.http: 1
[bcall@homer mgmt]$ curl -D - -o /dev/null -s http://127.0.0.1:8080/200_cache.php | grep Via
Via: http/1.1 homer.bryancall.com (ApacheTrafficServer/7.0.0 [uScRs f p eN:t cCHi p s ])
[bcall@homer mgmt]$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_via 'uScRs f p eN:t cCHi p s '
Via header is uScRs f p eN:t cCHi p s , Length is 24
Via Header Details:
Request headers received from client                   :simple request (not conditional)
Result of Traffic Server cache lookup for URL          :in cache, fresh Ram hit (a cache "HIT")
Response information received from origin server       :no server connection needed
Result of document write-to-cache:                     :no cache write performed
Proxy operation result                                 :unknown
Error codes (if any)                                   :no error
Tunnel info                                            :no tunneling
Cache Type                                             :cache
Cache Lookup Result                                    :cache hit
ICP status                                             :no icp
Parent proxy connection status                         :no parent proxy or unknown
Origin server connection status                        :no server connection needed

Cache Disabled:
[bcall@homer mgmt]$ sudo /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl config set proxy.config.http.cache.http
0
set proxy.config.http.cache.http, please wait 10 seconds for traffic server to sync configuration,
restart is not required
[bcall@homer mgmt]$ curl -D - -o /dev/null -s http://127.0.0.1:8080/200_cache.php | grep Via
Via: http/1.1 homer.bryancall.com (ApacheTrafficServer/7.0.0 [uSc sSf pSeN:tOc  i p sS])
[bcall@homer mgmt]$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_via 'uSc sSf pSeN:tOc  i p sS'
Via header is uSc sSf pSeN:tOc  i p sS, Length is 24
Via Header Details:
Request headers received from client                   :simple request (not conditional)
Result of Traffic Server cache lookup for URL          :no cache lookup
Response information received from origin server       :connection opened successfully
Result of document write-to-cache:                     :no cache write performed
Proxy operation result                                 :served or connection opened successfully
Error codes (if any)                                   :no error
Tunnel info                                            :tunneling because cache is turned
off
Cache Type                                             :unknown
Cache Lookup Result                                    :cache miss or no cache lookup
ICP status                                             :no icp
Parent proxy connection status                         :no parent proxy or unknown
Origin server connection status                        :connection opened successfully

-Bryan

> On Apr 2, 2017, at 1:53 AM, Velusamy, Gandhimathi <gvelusam@Central.UH.EDU> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am working on load balancing plugin and developed some dynamic policies. To evaluate
them, I tried to disable caching. But it did not stop caching.