From Bryan Call <bc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to disable caching in Traffic server-7.0.0
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2017 17:12:02 GMT
If you want to look at where your memory is being used I would suggest running:

[bcall@homer ~]$ ps aux --sort -rss | head

and

[bcall@homer ~]$ sudo kill -SIGUSR1 $(pidof traffic_server)
[bcall@homer ~]$ tail -100 /usr/local/var/log/trafficserver/traffic.out

If you can paste the output of those commands it would help diagnose the issue.

And

<http://127.0.0.1:8080/200_cache.php> | grep Via
>> Via: http/1.1 homer.bryancall.com <http://homer.bryancall.com/> (ApacheTrafficServer/7.0.0
[uScRs f p eN:t cCHi p s ])
>> [bcall@homer mgmt]$ /usr/local/bin/traffic_via 'uScRs f p eN:t cCHi p s '
>> Via header is uScRs f p eN:t cCHi p s , Length is 24
>> Via Header Details:
>> Request headers received from client                   :simple request (not conditional)
>> Result of Traffic Server cache lookup for URL          :in cache, fresh Ram hit (a
cache "HIT")
>> Response information received from origin server       :no server connection needed
>> Result of document write-to-cache:                     :no cache write performed
>> Proxy operation result                                 :unknown
>> Error codes (if any)                                   :no error
>> Tunnel info                                            :no tunneling
>> Cache Type                                             :cache
>> Cache Lookup Result                                    :cache hit
>> ICP status                                             :no icp
>> Parent proxy connection status                         :no parent proxy or unknown
>> Origin server connection status                        :no server connection needed
>>
>> Cache Disabled:
>> [bcall@homer mgmt]$ sudo /usr/local/bin/traffic_ctl config set proxy.config.http.cache.http
0
>> set proxy.config.http.cache.http, please wait 10 seconds for traffic server to sync
configuration, restart is not required

<mailto:gvelusam@Central.UH.EDU>> wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>> I am working on load balancing plugin and developed some dynamic policies. To
evaluate them, I tried to disable caching. But it did not stop caching.