Thanks Alan for the reply

I have done changes to traffic manager source to support two instances of traffic server to run in the system.
Now I can see two different set of .../var/ files are created the moment I run traffic_manager. It includes three .sock files too.
I was trying to find out where exactly the IPC call happens from traffic_control. Could you please help me understand the call sequence from traffoc_control on how this IPC works - like which library function is doing this work ? I assume that it is just delivering some message from traffic_ctl to traffic_manager ( ? )

Thanks
Salil