From Hiroaki Nakamura <hnaka...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to set the Host header of the request to the origin server in hierachical caching
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 02:47:50 GMT
Thanks for replies.
However I still cannot solve the issue.

I reviewed my settings and found out I already had set
proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr to 1
in both the child and the parent cache.

I set all these configs to 1 in both the child and the parent cache.
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.remap_required INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.url_remap.pristine_host_hdr INT 1
CONFIG proxy.config.reverse_proxy.enabled INT 1

My remap and parent configs were like this:

child remap.config
map http://example.com/ http://origin.example.com/

child parent.config
dest_domain=. parent="parent1.example.com:9090;
parent2.example.com:9090" round_robin=consistent_hash

parent remap.config
map http://origin.example.com/ http://origin.example.com/

I changed parent remap.config like
map http://example.com/ http://origin.example.com/

Still I got the Header value origin.example.com in the request to the
origin server.

Also I add %<{Host}cqh> to the logs_xml.config of the child and the
parent cache.
And I found out the Host value is origin.example.com, not example.com in the
parent cache proxy log.
In the child cache proxy log, the Host value is example.com, which is correct.

So I think the child cache does not preserve the host header.
I'm using trafficserver version 6.1.1 on CentOS 7.
And my proxy chain is like below.

nginx -> ATS child -> ATS parent

Regards,
Hiroaki