From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ATS Email Alerts extended configurations
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 18:50:41 GMT

> On Mar 16, 2016, at 11:35 AM, Muhammad Faisal <faisalusuf@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks James. I thing i have noticed the example alarm script is missing in /bin director
of 6.1.1 installation. I could'nt find it on my ATS box.

Yeh that is more of an example than something we would expect to be widely useable. I think
the documentation around alarms could be improved :)

> --
> Regards,
> Faisal.

is the target email address. Which SMTP and from email etc are possible to configure? Also
which type of alerts will be triggered via email. The official docs have limited info on this.

>> If you are sending emails on alerts, the alert script is expected to know how to
send the actual email, probably using a local MUA. For example,