From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Too many threads
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:52:29 GMT

Am 24.12.2015 um 15:31 schrieb feng D:
> Yes, you are right.  I make a lot of assumptions. I don't know
> how to reslove this problem. I just has the log as below.

starting with assumptions but nothing about your environment will not
help to solve a problem with no software

FRANKLY you even do not say which version of ATS you are using on what
operating system and version - you don't even state if it is actng as
forward or reverse proxy

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise

> I want to know why my trafficserver always restart. And I has 5
> machines. There are three trafficserver that will always restart. The
> machines are same.
> The machines with 16G memory. And the thread number of the  other two
> trafficserver is always 18. The config of all is  also same.  The ram
> size is 2G.
>
> I want to get the direct to find the answer not the answer.
>
> So, I want to know there questions:
> 1. Was trafficserver start many threads when running?
> 2. Is that the traffic server has two thread called traffic server normal?
> 3. There are many threads called the same name such as [NT_NET 8], this
> is normal?
> I just has this log:

> FATAL: ats_malloc: couldn't allocate 103283 bytes

threads are pretty sure not your problem, that above is a memory
allocation error which can be caused by a bug in a system-library or a
outdated kernel not handling memeory fragmentation well

"/usr/local/ats_ssd_422/" makes clear you have a self compiled install

so how did you ./configure the build?

our ATS 5.3.2 on Fedora 22/23 x86_64 is built with this options (make
soure all relevant devel-packages are installed)

BuildRequires:     autoconf
BuildRequires:     automake
BuildRequires:     expat-devel
BuildRequires:     gcc-c++
BuildRequires:     hwloc-devel
BuildRequires:     libtool
BuildRequires:     openssl-devel
BuildRequires:     pcre-devel
BuildRequires:     tcl-devel
BuildRequires:     xz-devel
BuildRequires:     zlib-devel

%build

export CFLAGS="%{optflags} -O3 -fPIC -fPIE -Wno-deprecated-declarations
-Wno-error=unused-result -funroll-loops -funswitch-loops
-minline-all-stringops"

export CXXFLAGS="$CFLAGS"

export LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro,-z,noexecstack -pie %{optflags}
-O3 -funroll-loops -funswitch-loops -minline-all-stringops"

export SH_LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,relro,-z,noexecstack %{optflags}
-O3 -funroll-loops -funswitch-loops -minline-all-stringops"

./configure --enable-layout=Gentoo \
  --libdir=%{_libdir}/%{name} \
  --with-tcl=%{_libdir} \
  --with-jemalloc \