From Reindl Harald <h.rei...@thelounge.net>
Subject Re: Too many threads
Date Thu, 24 Dec 2015 14:00:41 GMT
main problem: you are making a lot of assumptions while not provide any
logs or tell something relevant about your configuration and hardware

Am 24.12.2015 um 14:53 schrieb feng D:
> I have  a 7-core cpu.  But there are  80 threads, so it is too many. The
> same machine has 18 threads.
>
> And the  number of threads awalys change  from 55 to 80.  So  i think
> this is abnormal.  Then traffic server will exit when  cann't get memery.

what is there abnormal?

each parallel connection is a thread

frankly on a perforking apache each connection is even a process and our
backend mainserver goes up to 800 forker processes with 14 GB RAM

> I think every thread used much memery so the memery was exhausted.

how much memory has the machine?
what are the logs saying (ATS as well as OS)

our ATS proxy (dedicated VM) has 4096 MB RAM
CONFIG proxy.config.cache.ram_cache.size INT 2816M