From James Peach <jpe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled and override
Date Wed, 11 Nov 2015 22:56:54 GMT

> On Nov 11, 2015, at 12:26 PM, Sudheer Vinukonda <sudheerv@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
>
> Which hook are you using to override?
>
> The config is applied before READ_REQUEST_HDR hook, so, you will need to override it
in TXN_START hook.

That seems unfortunate. Can we move that back to READ_RESPONSE_HDR?

> Thanks,
>
> Sudheer
>

> On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:12 AM, Jeremy Payne <jp557198@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I see that master(6.1.0) now 'supports' redirection override.
>
> ./trafficserver/proxy/http/HttpConfig.cc:  HttpEstablishStaticConfigByte(c.oride.redirection_enabled,
"proxy.config.http.redirection_enabled");
> ./trafficserver/proxy/http/HttpConfig.cc:  params->oride.redirection_enabled = INT_TO_BOOL(m_master.oride.redirection_enabled);
>

> In testing I see that the redirection value is changed per the over-ride config(witnessed
via debug output), yet I dont see the override value is applied to the session/transaction.

> Is the override code fully implemented? As it seems only the override code is there but
maybe the transaction code hasnt been updated to account for the redirection override.