From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [IMPORTANT] github pull requests for all code contributions
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 18:29:17 GMT
Hi all,

we have a proposal that all code commits going forward goes through a step of Github pull
requests. This is how we typically deal with non-committer contributions, but we’d like
to extend this workflow to *all* commits. Further documentation for this will be added soon,
but the basic steps are:

	1. File a Jira ticket (no change here)

	2. Create a branch in a github fork of https://github.com/apache/trafficserver <https://github.com/apache/trafficserver>,
name the branch e.g. TS-1234.

	3. Format your code with make clang-format (see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Coding+Style#CodingStyle-clang-formatbinaryandconfiguration
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Coding+Style#CodingStyle-clang-formatbinaryandconfiguration>)

	4. Run tests and regressions (at least make test and traffic_server -R 1, and ideally tsqa)

	5. Create a pull request

This applies to everyone, committer or not. If you have concerns about this, voice those now.
If there are no objections or major concerns, we’ll make this the required workflow starting
Monday November 23.

Cheers,

— Leif and Brian G.